Monday, September 16, 2013

Watch this space

Hello From Nerdy to Thirty fans!

After a long hiatus, I am re-launching my blog! My life has completely changed since we last met, four years ago. I will go back and fill in the blanks, but to flash forward - In that short time I went from an unhappy, stressed-out, divorced New Yorker working in interior design to a remarried, suburban mom in Texas. Talk about a total 180. I am motivated to publicly start recording my life again because my husband Tom just welcomed into the world our son, whom I will refer to (using his initials) as KLAW (or the Klaw) in these posts.

After some deliberation, I have decided to leave my original blog up as an archive even though its contents seems a lifetime ago and was filled with angst and drama. I have learned that those supposed wrong turns in the path of my life are what led me to where I am today, which I am truly blessed to say, is absolutely happy. The blanks that need to be filled in are the journey that I finally took from A to B that this blog set out to accomplish in the fist place. The moral of the story is: once I got out of my own way and stopped trying to make the world fit the mold I had imagined, everything started falling into place just as I'd always dreamed.

In the coming months, look forward to a new string of ramblings from me, amid the delirium of new motherhood. I am not sure what form this new "mommy blog" will take - perhaps musings and reflections, hilarious anecdotes of my family's antics, diy projects and couponing tips. I invite you to follow along as I start out on this new chapter of my life.

No comments: